The new owners of Avalon House on Cathedral Road took the decision to convert the empty Ground Floor Office Space into a licenced coffee shop. Office Visions were asked to survey the site and to present designs and costs for the fit out and furnishing of the space and were subsequently awarded the contract following a competitive tender process.
The reason for our being successful were the imaginative design and products we suggested, the detail within our proposal, the ability to see what we were proposing in our showroom and the fact that we had previously worked successfuly with the client during the refurbishment of their new office space in the same building.
Our works entailed:
- New LVT Flooring
- New lighting, electrics and galvanised trunking
- The creation of exposed ceilings that were painted black
- New wall tiling, including creating a feature wall using brick strip tiles' with lime mortar
- New partitioning
- The creation of a rear and front servery with MF ceilings above and matching menu boards behind
- Specific 'Coffee Shop Furniture'
The end result has surpassed the expectations of our client, as illustrated by the attached by the referral letter. They were impressed with the manner in which we coordinated the various on-site trades, the mechanical one of which was working directly for them, and the quality of the finishes, especially the servery area and the feature walling.
When combined with the distinctive seating and table options chosen, the overall environment is fresh, modern, rustic and as important, "different".